When it comes to elegance, no other floor type can compete with hardwood floors. Hardwood flooring is a great way to create an attractive combination of vitality and glamour in your home. It is non-toxic and free from allergens such as mold spores or dust. Hardwood flooring comes in solid and engineered wood form. If you are planning to get hardwood flooring installed in your home, it is best to know the features and advantages of each and decide accordingly.
What is Solid Hardwood and Engineered Wood?
Solid hardwood is made of only hardwood and is homogenous throughout its structure. On the other hand, engineered wood has a top wood layer and a plywood bottom layer.
Benefits of Engineered Wood
- The most important benefit is that it is durable. Solid hardwood floor is susceptible to warping and bowing as a result of heat or dampness. The plywood part of the engineered wood consists of many layers of wood, each of which is placed in a different direction. These layers prevent it from warping and bowing. Therefore, engineered wood has a more durable construction than solid hardwood.
- It is easy to care for and maintain.
- It is less expensive than solid hardwood.
What Styles are Available?
Engineered wood comes in a variety of styles. There are oak, maple or hickory species, matte, semi-gloss and high-gloss finishes, and hand-scraped, distressed or wire-brushed surface effects. These styles provide endless options from classic to contemporary looks.
Caring for Engineered Wood Floors
When you have new floors installed, you want it to last. Engineered wood floors can last a lifetime depending on the quality of flooring material used, the thickness of the top veneer on the material and the care taken to maintain the floors.
Following the tips below will extend the life of your floors and will keep them eye-catching and elegant for many years to come.
- Sweep, clean, and keep your floors dry.
- Wipe spills as soon as they occur.
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents when cleaning your floors.
- Use floor mats and rugs at entrances in order to keep dirt, moisture, pebbles, and sand away from your floors.
Innovative manufacturing techniques have provided engineered hardwood floors with high performance, style, and durability. You can choose from many impressive designs like rustic and scraped, or shiny and smooth, to provide the elegant look that you desire. Visit our website to see the many designs of engineered wood products we offer.